Tuesday, February 12, 2008

CNY is not over yet ...10 more days

According to legend, in ancient China, the Nián (年) was a man-eating beast from the mountains (in other versions from under the sea), which came out every 12 months somewhere close to winter to prey on humans. The people later believed that the Nian was sensitive to loud noises and the colour red, so they scared it away with explosions, fireworks and the liberal use of the colour red. These customs led to the first New Year celebrations. Guò nián (simplified Chinese: 过年; traditional Chinese: 過年), which means to celebrate the new year, literally means the passover of the Nian.

Well I manage to abstain from some of the new year goodies as I was leading worship last Sunday, and now that all the goodies are gone, I can continue to abstain from them till next year. Haha.

My bro and my beloved gf are away in India on mission. I’m glad that both of them had decided to go for TRACkers. Its evident that God is working in their lives and using them as instruments of His grace to the people around. I remember when I was in SERVE. People said that my face was glowing.

In the Old Testament (Numbers 6:24-26) we find this wonderful blessing, which most of us have heard:

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.

Sounds abit like stardust. When the women glows when I don’t know what happens. But I guess that’s the true meaning of being a reflector and walking in and with the Lord. To be radiating God’s Glory.

Missions, people often say, nahz you can do much. You’re only there for like a week or so. How much can your change? How much of an impact or help can you be to the people there?

Missions to me, is an experience that can be describe using this wonderful song:

Open the eyes of my heart - by paul baloche

open the eyes of my heart Lord
open the eyes of my heart
i want to see You
i want to see You

to see You high and lifted up
shining in the light of Your glory
pour out Your power and love
as we sing holy, holy, holy


To everyone going on a mission trip or is already on the mission field, here is a passage which a pastor gave me when i was going on my first trip. May it bless you and keep you.

Isaiah 55:10-13

As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,

so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

You will go out in joy
and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills
will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field
will clap their hands.

Instead of the thornbush will grow the pine tree,
and instead of briers the myrtle will grow.
This will be for the LORD's renown,
for an everlasting sign,
which will not be destroyed.

No comments: