Thursday, May 1, 2008

WHY? AND I WILL ...

Why do people shy away, afraid to say your name?
What is it that scares them, for all things you are blamed?
Why is it that people talk, so low it's hard to hear..
Do you know precisely ... what do your people fear?
Does not every life created, breathing in your air..
want to get to know you and how you truly care?
Don't they want to know of you and how you're in their lives,
even though they can't see, the love that's in their eyes?
Don't they know you love them all, separate as they are,
and you're right beside them, never gone afar?
I will do my best, to tell them of your name.
I will always love you, and never be ashamed.
I will hold my head up high and try to make you proud.
I will talk about you, even in a crowd.
I will spread the gospel of your every single word.
I will let the others know, and pray it will be heard.
Never will I lose the hope, that all your people know,
You are a Loving Father, who will never let us go....

Ellen C. Doucette

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when did you write this?